Tuesday, May 21 2013 12:03 AM EDT2013-05-21 04:03:02 GMT
Paramedics tell us they're amazed no one was seriously hurt in a rush hour crash just outside Albany Monday evening. The driver of a pickup truck lost control on Philema Road just before 5:00. The truckMore >>
The driver of a pickup truck and his passenger walk away from the mangled wreckage after a crash.More >>
Tuesday, May 21 2013 12:02 AM EDT2013-05-21 04:02:59 GMT
An unusual wreck on Albany's bypass Monday night left the highway littered with yard debris. About 9:30, a car collided with a trailer that was hauling tree limbs on the Liberty Expressway between theMore >>
Wrecked cars and yard debris slow traffic on Albany's bypass.More >>
Monday, May 20 2013 11:45 PM EDT2013-05-21 03:45:07 GMT
Moultrie Police tell us they have the accused triggerman in a shooting in custody after two weeks on the run. Police arrested 19-year-old Darren Huntley over the weekend in Waycross. 22-year-old DominiqueMore >>
Moultrie Police tell us they have the accused triggerman in a shooting in custody after two weeks on the run.More >>
Monday, May 20 2013 11:37 PM EDT2013-05-21 03:37:21 GMT
Students at a South Georgia University are working together to make it into the workforce. Nursing students at Georgia Southwestern asked business students to help them prepare for their job searches. HumanMore >>
Students at a South Georgia University are working together to make it into the workforce.More >>
Monday, May 20 2013 11:28 PM EDT2013-05-21 03:28:47 GMT
A lot of South Georgians are all too familiar with the damage a tornado can do. An EF-3 tornado roared through Americus six years ago. It killed two people and destroyed Sumter Regional Hospital andMore >>
A lot of South Georgians are all too familiar with the damage a tornado can do.More >>
October 14, 2007
Worth County -- A 22-year-old Worth County man is thankful to be alive after his double-wide home caught fire just after 1 p.m. Sunday. Worth County Fire and volunteers responded to the structure fire at 115 Johnny Altman Road near Highway 82.
"The person who rents the place says he was washing clothes and cooking, and the breaker had thrown," said Worth County Fire Dept. Asst. Chief Jason Brooks.
Fire officials believe an electrical problem started the fire which spread quickly through out the home, which is located on the grounds of a salvage lot in rural Worth County.
"He went outside to flip the breaker. When he came back in, that's when he saw smoke and just abandoned the house," said Brooks.
Firefighters battled the flames for over an hour Sunday afternoon, dealing with intense heat and smoke.
While the home was a total loss, it serves as a warning to homeowners to be cautious of electrical wiring problems that could result in fire.
Brooks says, "If you have any breakers that have been throwing, you need to check them out. Don't keep turning them on, and get an electrician to check it out and make sure everything's ok."
Firefighters were concerned there were propane tanks near the fire, but never found any.
The property owners says he is going to set up temporary housing for the fire victims that lost their home.