Albany man burned in mobile home fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany man burned in mobile home fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Formal VSU traffic safety study could begin soon

    Formal VSU traffic safety study could begin soon

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:20:15 GMT
    We now have a slightly better idea of when a formal study of the traffic around Valdosta State University's campus could begin. At a meeting Wednesday morning, the Valdosta Lowndes County MetropolitanMore >>
    We now have a slightly better idea of when a formal study of the traffic around Valdosta State University's campus could begin. At a meeting Wednesday morning, the Valdosta Lowndes County Metropolitan Planning Organization discussed the study, among other things.More >>
  • Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:34:32 GMT
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested in the below case last night. From: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:09 AM To: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Subject:   22-14-008228  RobberyMore >>
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested Tuesday evening for snatching the tip jar at Carrol's Meats on Philema Road.
    More >>
  • What you need to know before riding an ATV

    What you need to know before riding an ATV

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:50 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:50:06 GMT
    A safety warning following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.      A man died in Liberty County when his 4 wheeler crashed into a tree.  A woman and her two young grandsons died in Walker County whenMore >>
    A safety warning was issued following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.   Experts say you should not operate ATV's on public roads. You should wear proper gear such as gloves, goggles,  and most importantly a Department of Transportation helmet.More >>

September 20, 2007

Albany -- An East Albany man was severely burned when his mobile home caught fire Wednesday.

Food on the stove caused the fire at Rodney Howell's mobile home on Dunes Drive.

Howell was burned on his hands, arms, and face. Howell was transferred to the Augusta Burn Center, and is in good condition. Hospital officials say he should be released Thursday night.

His home and belongings were a total loss, estimated at $22,000.

feedback: news@walb.com?subject=burnvictim

 

Powered by WorldNow