Valdosta gas leak forces some to evacuate homes - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Valdosta gas leak forces some to evacuate homes

September 11, 2007

Valdosta - A gas leak shut down a major road in Valdosta and forced many to evacuate their homes for several hours.

The Valdosta Fire Department identified a natural gas leak at the corner of Country Club Road and Greenmeadow Drive.

Firefighters evacuated residents in the area to a nearby fire station.

They were able to stop the leak around 4:00 PM.

The cause is currently under investigation.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=gasleak