Stray rocket damages home -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Stray rocket damages home

July 5, 2007

Albany --  A South Albany woman awoke to a firework smashing through her front window, setting parts of her home on fire.

The rocket style device broke a hole in Delois Keaton's front window on Wadkins Avenue.  About 2:15 Thursday morning Keaton was awaken by breaking glass, and found her curtain, bed, and rug on fire below the window.

Firefighters say Keaton put the fires out quickly, and there was only minor damage. No one was injured.

Neighbors say there was a lot of fireworks being shot around their homes last night, and we heard fireworks being exploded while at the house Thursday afternoon shooting this video. No arrests have been made.



Powered by Frankly