Saturday, May 18 2013 12:48 PM EDT2013-05-18 16:48:01 GMT
The family of an Albany teenager who died on Friday, isn't sure how they'll pay for her funeral. 16-year old Keyanna Lang died from a heart condition. Due to her illness the family couldn't keep lifeMore >>
The family of an Albany teenager who died on Friday, isn't sure how they'll pay for her funeral.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 8:00 AM EDT2013-05-18 12:00:09 GMT
In its effort to hire 10,000 new employees in May, Dollar General will host a career fair at Dollar General located at 2017 N Slappey Blvd. in Albany, Ga. on Saturday, May 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.More >>
The event is held as part of the major retailer's effort to hire 10,000 new employees in May...More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:58 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:58:09 GMT
A student-led effort to help cancer survivors ended up being a big success at a Lee County School. Friday students at Twin Oaks elementary school donated the proceeds from their effort to the Cancer CoalitionMore >>
A student-led effort to help cancer survivors ended up being a big success at a Lee County School. Friday students at Twin Oaks elementary school donated the proceeds from their effort to the Cancer Coalition of Southwest Georgia.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:44 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:44:12 GMT
Furloughs for Marine Corps Logistics Base workers could start in less than two months. About 2,000 workers at the Albany base will have to take up to 11 unpaid days off in the next fiscal year that startsMore >>
Furloughs for Marine Corps Logistics Base workers could start in less than two months.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:43 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:43:28 GMT
The Rat Pack came back to Albany Friday night. Sinatra and Friends performed at Doublegate Country Club to raise money for the Albany Symphony Association. The guys who play the roles of Frank Sinatra,More >>
People danced the night away to Frank Sinatra tunes.More >>
May 28, 2007
Lee County- Dry conditions have put a damper on fires and fireworks this holiday weekend at The Parks at Chehaw. Chehaw banned campfires and fireworks.
Park officials are also keeping a close eye on charcoal grills that many people are firing up for their holiday picnics.
"Under normal conditions the top grass, leaf, pine straw, layer maybe dry, but you can kick it and you can find moisture underneath, we're so dry right now you can kick even down into the soil several inches and it's still just bone dry. It's extremely dangerous fire conditions so we have currently banned camp fire, open fires and we are cautioning anyone with charcoal," said Ben Kirkland, Chehaw Operations Manager.
In the last several weeks, several grass fires have been started by careless people picnicking at the park.