April 7, 2007
Albany-- An early morning fire caused extensive damage to an East Albany home.
The fire broke out a little after 7 Saturday morning at 203 Cone Avenue. It took firefighters about ten minutes to arrive on the scene.
The blaze began after a candle was knocked over in the home, causing extensive damage throughout. The fire is still under investigation. That investigation should be complete by Monday.
Albany's police chief responded to concerns about the nonstop gunfire happening in one South Albany neighborhood.
Phoebe Putney Hospital recently upgraded a device that will give patients with irregular heartbeats more surgical options.
NASCAR is at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend, but with rain in the forecast, it is stirring up a debate between the track and the drivers.
The Worth County's Best Friends Humane Society's biggest fundraiser of the year is just around the corner and tickets are selling out fast.
Spring pollens have made an early appearance this year in Southwest Georgia.