Fire leaves Albany family homeless - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire leaves Albany family homeless

April 1, 2007

Albany--A fire leaves a family of five homeless Sunday afternoon.

The fire started around 2 PM at 654 West Residence Street near downtown Albany

Firefighters were quick to rush to the scene.

The department's battalion chief says the fire started in the bedroom of this four unit apartment complex.

We're told there was an electrical shortage in the air conditioner in the room that ignited the flames

The fire was confined to that one apartment unit and did not reach the other three units.

Fortunately, there were no injuries.

Volunteers with the Red Cross are providing the family with a temporary place to stay.

Feedback: news@walb.com?Subject=AlbanyApartmentFire