Albany family displaced by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany family displaced by fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • USA Track star killed in Crisp County crash

    USA Track star killed in Crisp County crash

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:30 AM EDT2014-07-28 11:30:31 GMT
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
  • PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    Monday, July 28 2014 4:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 08:03:54 GMT
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture and three people, including it's former owner are set to stand trial. More >>
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture and three people, including it's former owner are set to stand trial. More >>
  • UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    Sunday, July 27 2014 11:38 PM EDT2014-07-28 03:38:04 GMT
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>

January 30, 2007

Albany -- Fire destroys the apartment of an East Albany family of five.  

 The kitchen of this home in the 1500 block of Georgia Avenue was gutted by a grease fire just after 7PM Monday night.

Cora McCray, her three children, and one grandchild escaped without injury, but now they will have to move. McCray said "this is not able to be lived in, due to safety reasons. They killed the power and all. So it's just not able to be lived in. There is smoke damage throughout the house."

 The apartment is owned by the Greater Second Mt. Olive Church. The Red Cross put McCray and her family up in a hotel since the fire.

McCray says she will live with other family members until she can find a new home.

feedback: news@walb.com?subject=firefamily