Mitchell County fire damages four apartments - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Mitchell County fire damages four apartments

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:57:34 GMT
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
  • Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:52:00 GMT
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
  • Storm clean up is underway at wildlife rehabilitation center

    Storm clean up is underway at wildlife rehabilitation center

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:46 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:46:45 GMT
    Storm Clean up is underway at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Thomasville.   Sierra Dorpinghouse is all geared up and ready to help with clean up after Friday's storm damaged several animal cagesMore >>
    Storm Clean up is underway at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Thomasville.   Sierra Dorpinghouse is all geared up and ready to help with clean up after Friday's storm damaged several animal cagesMore >>

January 30, 2007

Pelham-  Four Mitchell County families were pulled from their beds when a stove caught fire just after midnight at the Hillcrest Apartments.  The fire is believed to have started with a pot on the stove of unit H.

Everyone inside the apartment including several children made it out safely. Families were back this morning surveying the damage. The Colquitt County Red Cross helped families find shelter overnight, but today apartment managers made arrangement to move the displaced families into some empty units. 

"Me and my wife, we talked to our supervisor and they said we could put them in there, because there's no telling how long before these are fix. So they have to have a place to live," said Roger Rorie, Hillcrest Apartments Manager. 

The Colquitt County Red Cross also provided the families with some food vouchers and clothing.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=MitchellApartmentFire

 

Powered by WorldNow