November 21, 2006
A major toy recall is underway involving four-point-four million Polly Pocket Magnetic Play sets made by Mattel.
Three children were hospitalized with serious injuries after swallowing tiny magnets that fell off the toys. Each child swallowed more than one magnet --- and suffered intestinal perforation which required surgery.
Two point four million sets were sold at department stores in America from may 2003 through September 2006. The other two million were sold worldwide.
The recall does not include sets currently on store shelves. The recalled Polly Pocket brand sets include: Polly Place Hangin' Out House, Polly Place Treetop Clubhouse, Spa Day, Quik-Clik boutique, Quik-Clik City Pretty Playset, Quik-clik Sporty Style Playset and Totally Zen Playset.
Polly Place Totally Tiki Diner sets are also being recalled. The sets were sold for between $15.00 and $30.00.
As you try to prepare your child for heading back to the classroom, here is a list to help make sure you and your student are prepared for the upcoming year.More >>
Downtown Tifton’s occupancy level is at 98% and the City’s economic development director said that’s good news for residents.More >>
If you were shocked the last time you opened your power bill, Georgia Power has good news for you. The power company says its customers usually see their highest bills during this time of year, but there are ways to save on energy.More >>
This week, Karla Heath-Sands, Cade Fowler and Chris Zelman are all learning the results of their genetic makeup on Today in Georgia. This is Karla's journey.More >>
An Albany hairstylist wants to make sure students look their best when they step through the doors on the first day of school by offering free hairstyles.More >>