October 12, 2006
Douglas - - Coffee County firefighters say a weekend fire at a chicken plant started in a storage room.
That room at Gold Kist is a battery room used for maintenance. The fire started around 7 o'clock Saturday night.
Rescue workers evacuated some people who lived near the plant, because there were hazardous materials inside the building.
Several people were treated for smoke inhalation, but no one had any serious injuries.
The multimillion dollar company is one of Coffee County's major industries, employing more than 1,400 people.
South Georgia drivers are demanding something be done about a dangerous intersection in Dougherty County.
Some students from Lee County High School are hoping their words will comfort students coming back to their Florida high school after a mass shooting last week.
First grade students at G.O. Bailey Primary school were given a special weather lesson Thursday morning.
The mother of a Sumter County shooting victim has started a GoFundMe fundraising page, hoping to encourage anyone who knows anything about her son's death to come forward with information.
Serving only referral patients, Dr. Moree treats an estimated 20,000 patients a year, 55-percent of those patients being Medicare, Medicaid, or pro bono.