Two companies lose facilities - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Two companies lose facilities

June 30, 2006

Albany -- Firefighters spent overnight Thursday battling a huge fire at two businesses near downtown.

Flames shot so high from the building that drivers on the Liberty Expressway could see them. The fire began at D and D Kitchen Center at about 10:00 last night.

The business makes custom residential and commercial cabinets and is located at 522 North Washington Street, just north of Thronateeska. The fire may have started somewhere in the paint department. Flames then spread to Industry Insulation the left of D and D.

After the scene cools, firemen will get water to debris under the tin to make sure it is extinguished, and begin their investigation to see what started the huge blaze. AFD Captain Wayne Lay said that Industry Insulation burned to the ground after it was ignited by the original fire.

Both buildings are a total loss.


Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=DowntownFire/BRO