Firefighters say arson started duplex fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters say arson started duplex fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • ATC celebrates Arbor Day Monday

    ATC Celebrates Arbor Day Monday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 4:00 PM EDT2014-04-20 20:00:13 GMT
    Albany Technical College, a Tree Campus USA, will celebrate Arbor Day on Monday, on the grounds north of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building, by planting a tree. George Paul, EnvironmentalMore >>
    Albany Technical College, a Tree Campus USA, will celebrate Arbor Day on Monday, on the grounds north of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building, by planting a tree.More >>
  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>

April 13, 2006

Albany -- Albany Fire Investigators say a duplex fire on Corn Avenue was arson.

Investigators say something was poured on the floor of the duplex in the 800 block of Corn Avenue and then set on fire. Investigators aren't sure if the arsonist used alcohol, gas, or grease to start the blaze.

Bernice Price and Greg Minchey lived in the side of the duplex where the fire started. Price was asleep when neighbors spotted the fire. She was not hurt.

No arrests have been made.

feedback: news@walb.com?subject=arson

 

Powered by WorldNow