Fast food restaurant closed by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fast food restaurant closed by fire

March 17, 2006

Cairo -- The McDonald's is closed because of a fire. The drive thru windows are broken out and the front windows of the fast food restaurant blackened. The first started just before five as the morning crews was starting their day.

Investigators believe it ignited near the deep fryers or toaster. "The fire is undetermined as far as a cause. The origin was in and around the equipment," said Cairo Fire Investigator David Todd.

No one was injured. The restaurants interior has heavily damaged by smoke and water and will need a good cleaning before the restaurant can reopen.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=CairoMcDonalds/Emert