Dougherty County mobile home gutted by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Dougherty County mobile home gutted by fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Several Harvey's stores close for remodeling

    Several Harvey's stores close for remodeling

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:29 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:29:18 GMT
    If you depend on a Harvey's grocery store in one of several South Georgia towns, you will have to find an alternative for a week. Ten of them will be closing on May 3 for minor renovations and reopeningMore >>
    If you depend on a Harvey's grocery store in one of several South Georgia towns, you will have to find an alternative for a week. Ten of them will be closing on May 3 for minor renovations.More >>
  • Formal VSU traffic safety study could begin soon

    Formal VSU traffic safety study could begin soon

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:20:15 GMT
    We now have a slightly better idea of when a formal study of the traffic around Valdosta State University's campus could begin. At a meeting Wednesday morning, the Valdosta Lowndes County MetropolitanMore >>
    We now have a slightly better idea of when a formal study of the traffic around Valdosta State University's campus could begin. At a meeting Wednesday morning, the Valdosta Lowndes County Metropolitan Planning Organization discussed the study, among other things.More >>
  • Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:34:32 GMT
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested in the below case last night. From: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:09 AM To: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Subject:   22-14-008228  RobberyMore >>
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested Tuesday evening for snatching the tip jar at Carrol's Meats on Philema Road.
    More >>

March 8, 2006

Albany -- A smoldering cigarette sparked a fire that destroyed a Dougherty County mobile home.

Firefighters say Jessie Willis was moving out of this home on Homestead Avenue Tuesday afternoon. He left with a load of his belongings, and when he came back the home was in flames.

 Firefighters say a discarded cigarette sparked the blaze, that gutted the home.

feedback: news@walb.com?subject=mobilehomefire

Powered by WorldNow