Thursday, May 23 2013 9:00 AM EDT2013-05-23 13:00:09 GMT
ATLANTA – The Georgia Department of Labor announced today that metro Albany's unemployment rate declined to 8.6 percent in April, down three-tenths of a percentage point from 8.9 percent in March. TheMore >>
The unemployment rate in the Southwest Georgia region declined to 8.2 percent in April, down two-tenths of a percentage point from 8.4 percent in March. The rate was 8.8 percent in April a year ago.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 7:30 AM EDT2013-05-23 11:30:38 GMT
Dougherty County Police believe a pair of convenience store smash and grabs may be the work of the same two men. The first smash and grab happened around 2:20 am at the Pit Stop convenience store atMore >>
Dougherty County Police believe two men are behind a smash and grab and a break in at two convenience stores within four miles of each other.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 11:26 PM EDT2013-05-23 03:26:38 GMT
If you're traveling this Memorial Day Weekend, you may notice you're paying about the same at the pump as last year. AAA says the average gas price in Georgia right now is about $3.46 a gallon. That'sMore >>
If you're traveling this Memorial Day Weekend, you may notice you're paying about the same at the pump as last year.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 11:20 PM EDT2013-05-23 03:20:46 GMT
Looks like will have great weather for Memorial Day weekend and DNR Rangers are preparing for big crowds on Lake Blackshear. Rangers expect a large number of boaters all weekend. They say they will strictlyMore >>
Looks like will have great weather for Memorial Day weekend and DNR Rangers are preparing for big crowds on Lake Blackshear.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 11:14 PM EDT2013-05-23 03:14:04 GMT
A Cordele woman and her father are leading an effort to send clothes and other supplies to tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma. Not only are a lot of people already donating items, but people are chippingMore >>
A Cordele woman and her father are leading an effort to send clothes and other supplies to tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma.More >>
December 06, 2005
Thomasville, Georgia-- Firefighters think food on a stove started a fire in Thomasville Monday night.
Firefighters say the kitchen of the house at 908 Fletcher street was filled with flames by the time they arrived. The owner of the home, Dubold White, was home when the fire started. Fortunately, he made it out and was not hurt.
In a separate incident on Tuesday, firefighters say a child accidentally started a fire. It happened around 4:30 at 211 Teddy Street.
Firefighters say a four year old boy had been playing with a bed sheet too close to a space heater. The sheet caught fire, spreading flames to a nearby wall.
Firefighters say their first team arrived quickly enough to save most of the house. 30 "The second team was standing by the first team. They had knocked the fire down, within two minutes it was out. We were on scene within two minutes," says Deputy Chief, Gary Dollar.
The space heater had been attached to a gas line, which sprayed flames onto firefighters when they entered. Fortunately, nobody involved was hurt.