Albany- South Georgia fire departments have a warning to those who may be burning yard debris, be careful.
Firefighters were called to two different fires in Albany Sunday afternoon, a grass fire on Habersham and a brush fire on Silica Road. Firefighters caution people about burning outside and say this is the most dangerous time of year to burn.
"When everything's dry out, fall time of year is usually when things start to die, a fire starts more easily and spreads more easily. It is the worst time of the year, we stay busy this time of the year with grass fires," said Lt. Billy Davis, Albany Fire Department.
Because of the dryer weather, some south Georgia counties are not allowing burning permits. Permits will be restricted and screened in Dougherty County. Rangers urge everyone to make sure they have a permit to burn.