Fatal fire ruled accidental - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fatal fire ruled accidental

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • VSU gets new mission statement

    VSU gets new mission statement

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 5:25 PM EDT2014-08-27 21:25:06 GMT
     The state board of regents has reclassified VSU as a comprehensive university instead of just a regional university.More >>
     The state board of regents has reclassified VSU as a comprehensive university instead of just a regional university.
    More >>
  • Teachers wait to see if they're fired

    Teachers wait to see if they're fired

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 5:24 PM EDT2014-08-27 21:24:48 GMT
    Dougherty School System BuildingDougherty School System Building
     It's now up to the Dougherty County school board to terminate two teachers named in a free lunch fraud investigation. Yolanda Bryant and Stephanie Harvey waived their right for termination hearings.More >>
     It's now up to the Dougherty County school board to terminate two teachers named in a free lunch fraud investigation. Yolanda Bryant and Stephanie Harvey waived their right for termination hearings.
    More >>
  • Gun safety becomes concern after Arizona accident

    Gun safety becomes concern after Arizona accident

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-08-27 21:20:11 GMT
    After a tragic accident in Arizona where a 9-year old girl fatally shot her instructor at a gun range, south Georgians are weighing in on gun safety.More >>
    After a tragic accident in Arizona where a 9-year old girl fatally shot her instructor at a gun range, south Georgians are weighing in on gun safety.More >>

September 27, 2005

Brooks County - A fire that killed two South Georgia children is ruled accidental.

Five-year-old Hunter Wolfe and his sister, two-year-old Destinee, died when their Brooks County Home caught fire last Wednesday morning. Their mother tried to get them out but the fire was too hot.

Investigators say the fire started in the living room from a burning candle.  They think Hunter woke up around 1:30, lit the candle and knocked it over.

No smoke detectors were in the home.

feedback: news@walb.com