Grease fire damages house - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Grease fire damages house

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Speeders warned to slow down through Sycamore

    Speeders warned to slow down through Sycamore

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 1:21 PM EDT2014-08-27 17:21:16 GMT
    After complaints, Sycamore city officials are warning drivers to slow down. Railroad Avenue is a main road through Sycamore and a residential area with children. More >>
    After complaints, Sycamore city officials are warning drivers to slow down. Railroad Avenue is a main road through Sycamore and a residential area with children. More >>
  • Witnesses help Valdosta Police catch burglary suspect

    Witnesses help Valdosta Police catch burglary suspect

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 12:08 PM EDT2014-08-27 16:08:52 GMT
    57 year-old Sidney Allen Smith, of Florida, is behind bars in Lowndes County after burglarizing an abandoned Valdosta gas station, but he didn't get far thanks to help from witnesses.
    More >>
    57 year-old Sidney Allen Smith, of Florida, is behind bars in Lowndes County after burglarizing an abandoned Valdosta gas station, but he didn't get far thanks to help from witnesses.

    More >>
  • N Ashley St in Valdosta blocked by Semi crash

    N Ashley St in Valdosta blocked by Semi crash

    Wednesday27August20149:25 AM
    The Northbound lanes of North Ashley Street in Valdosta between Moore Street and Park Avenue will remain closed until about noon Wednesday as Georgia Power crews work to replace a light pole that was destroyed during an accident early Wednesday morning.More >>
    The Northbound lanes of North Ashley Street in Valdosta between Moore Street and Park Avenue will remain closed until about noon Wednesday as Georgia Power crews work to replace a light pole that was destroyed during an accident early Wednesday morning.
    More >>

September 15, 2005

Albany -- A family returned from revival meeting Wednesday night ready for dinner, but a mistake at the stove top resulted in a kitchen fire that destroyed that part of the house, and smoked up the remainder.

Sheldon and Thelma Johnson's home at 3807 Gateway Drive, off North Doublegate, sustained about $30,000 worth of damage. Mrs. Johnson was quoted as saying that she couldn't believe how rapidly the fire spread.

Her daughter turned on the wrong eye on the stove, which started the grease fire.

No one was injured in the blaze.


Feedback: news@walb.com