Fire destroys old home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire destroys old home

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • ATC celebrates Arbor Day Monday

    ATC Celebrates Arbor Day Monday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 4:00 PM EDT2014-04-20 20:00:13 GMT
    Albany Technical College, a Tree Campus USA, will celebrate Arbor Day on Monday, on the grounds north of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building, by planting a tree. George Paul, EnvironmentalMore >>
    Albany Technical College, a Tree Campus USA, will celebrate Arbor Day on Monday, on the grounds north of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building, by planting a tree.More >>
  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>

September 14, 2005

Thomasville, Georgia-- The Thomasville Fire Department is trying to figure out what sparked a blaze at a home early Wednesday morning.

A house on Teddy Street was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived about 1:30 a.m. It is a total loss.

Family members say the house was more than 100 years old. "I don't know what to do from here, just got to think of something to do, whether to start it over or just let it be a memory," says Derrick Johnson, Sr; the brother of the homeowner.

Fortunately, nobody was home when the fire started. Officials say it began at the front of the house.

Feedback: news@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow