September 7, 2005
from MCLB Public Affairs
Albany, GA - Currently, MCLB Albany is directly supporting the relief efforts by standing up indefinite shelter aboard base to as many as 50 active duty military family evacuees.
An item donation drive for the military evacuee families is being spearheaded by Mr. Eric Ashley, Director, Marine & Family Services, 229-639-5276. The old base golf club house is accepting item donations 9 am - 2 pm.
Specifically, the following serviceable or new items are being actively solicited for but not limited to:
1. Bed and linen (new are preferred)
3. Trash Cans (indoor type)
4. Television (serviceable used low-end televisions are welcome)
5. Lamps and end tables
6. Dining room table/chairs
7. Pots and Pans/Flatware glasses and silverware
8. Cooking Utensils
15. Telephone (serviceable used phones are welcome)
16. Cable service
18. Vacuum Cleaners (serviceable used are welcome)