September 1, 2005
By: Diana Gonzalez
Undated--Families faced with flooding. The water and moisture can create a health hazard, mold.
While toxic mold has gotten a lot of attention, common mold spores can be very irritating to those who are sensitive.
The Centers for Disease Control says controlling moisture is the key to keeping mold under control. Drying out flooded areas might require a pump or a wet/dry vac. Open windows and doors and use dehumidifiers that blow out, not in. When cleaning up, an n-95 respirator is recommended so you don't breathe in spores. Also wear gloves and goggles.
The Environmental Protection Agency does not recommend using chlorine bleach for routine mold cleanup. Large cleanup jobs will require professional help. You want to make sure there are no spores in your ac or vents.
Click here or call 1-800-438-4318 for tips on how to control mold.
Officials with the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced an arrest in an Albany bank robbery early this week.More >>
Funeral services will be hosted for long time Leesburg Police Chief Charles Moore at First Baptist Church of Leesburg starting at 1 p.m.More >>
The Worth County Board of Education announced Wednesday that graduation ceremonies planned for the high school have been moved due to impending inclement weather.More >>
A disturbance in the Caribbean will bring rain to Southwest Georgia the rest of this week and into next week.More >>
The governor's office said Tuesday that he will fill the vacancy created by the passing of the Honorable Plez Hardin. The appointment will take effect upon swearing in.More >>