Byne Baptist School dedicates buildings - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Byne Baptist School dedicates buildings

August 7, 2005

Albany- Byne Memorial Baptist School will begin the school year all under one roof. Church and School leaders cut the ribbon dedicating their new gymnasium and all purpose building and education wing today.

The school has been split for the last several years with classes both on Ledo Road and Society Avenue. The new building unites all grades under one roof.

"For our school to come together, now that we have our school over here, under one roof, we're just thankful to the good Lord, great days are coming," said Dr. Bill Sims, Pastor, Byne Memorial Baptist Church.

Classes for students attending Byne Baptist School begin Monday morning.

feedback: news@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 4:53 PM EDT2017-09-22 20:53:34 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Friday, September 22 2017 3:54 PM EDT2017-09-22 19:54:23 GMT
    (Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)(Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly