Phoebe opens "convenient" facility - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Phoebe opens "convenient" facility

July 25, 2005

Albany - Phoebe Putney is trying to alleviate a crowded ER. South Albany Convenient Care opened at 1300 Newton Road Monday. The facility, owned by the city and leased by Phoebe, is for patients on the South side of town who have serious problems, that don't necessarily require emergency treatment.

Joel Wernick, Phoebe CEO says, "We have found over the years that South Albany was in need of a facility like this, and with our East and West facilities we've already created about 25,000 people who have chosen to use Urgent Care instead of our Emergency Room."

The South Side location is open Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM and Weekends from 9 to 5. Wernick says in addition to the convenient location, the South Albany center will be less expensive than a trip to the emergency room.

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:37 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:37:13 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:29 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:29:43 GMT
    A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly