Fire source called electrical - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire source called electrical

July 18, 2005

Thomasville-- Investigators are blaming a house fire in Thomasville on an electrical failure. It happened Sunday afternoon at a home on Hall Road.

Firefighters got there in time to save the main part of the house, although there is severe damage.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt, but Thomasville Fire Chief Bryan Croft says EMS did have to help rejuvenate several firefighters who suffered heat exhaustion.

"If the blood pressure is elevated too high, or the pulse rate, they'll go ahead and let them know and they'll hold them back," said Croft. "They'll make sure they get fluids. If need be, they'll ice them down."

Investigators say the fire started in the house's electrical box in a utility room. The room, and a nearby carport, were destroyed.

Feedback: news@walb.com