Mobile home fire investigated for tampered meter - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Mobile home fire investigated for tampered meter

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>

June 1, 2005

Albany -- Water, Gas, and Light Investigators are checking to see if an East Albany mobile home, destroyed by fire Wednesday morning, had it's power illegally turned back on.

W.G.& L. turned the power to this mobile home off last week. About 9:15 Neighbors spotted fire in the home, and went to knock on the doors to warn them.

Tameika Faison and her six children live in the home, but were not there when the fire started. But Fire investigators say the fire started in the kitchen around the stove, and the power was on.

Now they want to know if a tampered meter could have caused the blaze. Albany Fire Chief James Carswell said "It could be, or some kind of electrical short in or around that area. Obviously until we get into it a little deeper into it, we won't know for sure."

The home was a total loss. Firefighters put the damage estimate at 7-thousand 500 dollars.

feedback: news@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow