House fire sends man to hospital - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

House fire sends man to hospital

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • WRD meets to discuss deer hunting

    WRD meets to discuss deer hunting

    WRD meets to discuss deer hunting

    Tuesday, August 19 2014 11:51 PM EDT2014-08-20 03:51:01 GMT
    Deer hunting season is just around the corner.Tuesday, the Wildlife Resources Division met in Lee County to talk with the community about a new 10- year Deer Management Plan.More >>
    Deer hunting season is just around the corner.Tuesday, the Wildlife Resources Division met in Lee County to talk with the community about a new 10- year Deer Management Plan.More >>
  • New 10-year Deer Management Plan

    New 10-year Deer Management Plan

    Tuesday, August 19 2014 11:35 PM EDT2014-08-20 03:35:01 GMT
    Deer hunting season is just around the corner.The Wild Life Resources Division met in Lee County to talk with the community about a new 10-year Deer Management Plan. More >>
    Deer hunting season is just around the corner.The Wild Life Resources Division met in Lee County to talk with the community about a new 10-year Deer Management Plan. More >>
  • Dougherty County residents speak out against proposed pipeline

    Dougherty County residents speak out against proposed pipeline

    Tuesday, August 19 2014 11:30 PM EDT2014-08-20 03:30:17 GMT
    Gloria Gaines, Former Dougherty County CommissionerGloria Gaines, Former Dougherty County Commissioner
    A Dougherty County neighborhood is speaking out against a proposed natural gas pipeline. Members of the Radium Springs community met Tuesday night to express their concerns about the proposed route of the Sabal pipeline project. More >>
    A Dougherty County neighborhood is speaking out against a proposed natural gas pipeline. Members of the Radium Springs community met Tuesday night to express their concerns about the proposed route of the Sabal pipeline project. More >>

Posted May 31, 2005 at 5:45 pm

Thomasville- A Memorial Day cookout leads to a house fire in Thomasville.

     An unidentified man suffered smoke inhalation and was overcome by heat when his house on East Clay Street caught fire Monday. Firefighters found him lying in his backyard. They say the fire started from a charcoal grill that tipped over on the porch. Firefighters add that the man tried to put the blaze out with a garden hose, but was overwhelmed. He was taken to Archbold Hospital, where he is expected to make a full recovery.

     Unfortunately, two of the man's dogs died in the fire.

Feedback: news@walb.com