Man charged with setting fire to his home - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Man charged with setting fire to his home

Albany- An Albany man accused of torching his home was still being examined Tuesday night at Phoebe Putney Hospital.

Police say Lucas Robinson, 46, barricaded himself inside his mother's apartment where he lives on Jeffries Avenue Tuesday afternoon. They say he ransacked it, set it on fire and ran out of the home. Police caught him in a nearby field.

When he's released from the hospital, Robinson will be charged with arson and criminal damage to property.

posted by news@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:37 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:37:43 GMT
    The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>
  • Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:26 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:26:50 GMT
    Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>
  • Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Monday, July 24 2017 3:48 PM EDT2017-07-24 19:48:41 GMT
    Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly