Grease fire closes Albany Burger King - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Grease fire closes Albany Burger King

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Bowl-A-Rama holds Back-to-School Bash

    Bowl-A-Rama holds Back-to-School Bash

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:19 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:19:59 GMT
    James Smith, studentJames Smith, student
    An Albany bowling alley is helping kids have a little fun before they go back to school. Bowl-A-Rama held its first Back-to-School Bash for High School Students in Dougherty, Lee, Mitchell, and Baker Counties. More >>
    An Albany bowling alley is helping kids have a little fun before they go back to school. Bowl-A-Rama held its first Back-to-School Bash for High School Students in Dougherty, Lee, Mitchell, and Baker Counties. More >>
  • Valdosta organization prepares for backpack giveaway

    Valdosta organization prepares for backpack giveaway

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:14 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:14:47 GMT
    Volunteers at Moody Air Force Base pre-packed more than 900 backpacks with school supplies on Friday.More >>
    Volunteers at Moody Air Force Base pre-packed more than 900 backpacks with school supplies on Friday.More >>
  • Sylvester residents gather for National Night Out

    Sylvester residents gather for National Night Out

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:11 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:11:03 GMT
    Scott Vandermolen, Florida residentScott Vandermolen, Florida resident
    A week after 8 teenagers were shot at a party in Sylvester people came together there Friday night to fight crime .A National Night Out celebration was held at Jeffords Park downtown. More >>
    A week after 8 teenagers were shot at a party in Sylvester people came together there Friday night to fight crime .A National Night Out celebration was held at Jeffords Park downtown. More >>

Albany- Breakfast at an Albany Burger King is disrupted when a fire breaks out. Smoke billowed from the roof of the Burger King on Radium Springs Road around ten Sunday morning.

Employees evacuated customers from the restaurant and the drive thru. Fire officials say, the blaze started in the kitchen near the broiler.

"The fire had extended up the broiler into the vent system, which vents out the roof. So, they actually had fire all the way up the vent system and coming out of the roof," said James Sanders, Battalion Chief Albany Fire Department.

The restaurant is expected to remain closed until an inspector can be brought in to assess the damage. This is the second time in the last year that a fire like this has happened at this Burger King.

posted by jennifer.emert@walb.com