House completely lost by fire in Turner County - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

House completely lost by fire in Turner County

Turner County- Pam King says an electrical fire began in an outside meter box and climbed up the electrical pole causing her kitchen to catch fire.

When firefighters got to the home they weren't able to fight the flames because power was still on in the home. By the next morning, her entire home was destroyed. She says a closed road delayed the power company from shutting off the power sooner.

"The worst feeling in the world is standing here and watching firemen in your yard, just watching your house burn. I don't know of any other feeling. Everything you own is in the house," says King.

King's six year old son was able to quickly grab a cell phone and call 9-1-1 and alert officials. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

posted by len.kiese@walb.com

 

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:37 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:37:13 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:29 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:29:43 GMT
    A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly