Woman's home catches fire when she gets sick - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Woman's home catches fire when she gets sick

Albany -- An Albany woman is believed to have suffered a seizure while cooking Monday morning, setting her house on fire.

79 year old Johnnie Briley did not suffer any burns, but was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment.

Firefighters say just before ten, Briley fell while cooking. The food on her stove caught fire. Her two sons were home, and able to call firefighters.

The house sustained minor smoke damage.

Briley is listed in good condition, receiving treatment at the emergency center of a local hospital.

posted by jimw@walb.com