Mobile home melts from fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Mobile home melts from fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>

January 13, 2004

Colquitt County - A south Georgia family loses their home to fire.

The Wynn Swine Farm mobile home on Hopewell Church Road in Colquitt County was destroyed. A mother and her son escaped unharmed around 10:30 Thursday morning.

The farm family tried to salvage cash and coins that were inside. Culbertson Assistant Volunteer Chief Patrick Stowe says, "It's been said that all the money was in the house and they are trying to get out what they can keep. Everything they own is a lose, everything, including money. THey are having to start over all over again."

The Colquitt County American Red Cross will help the family find a temporary place to stay. It took several volunteer fire department teams to put out the flames.

Windy conditions made it more difficult. Firefighters are not sure how the fire started.

posted at 6:06PM by kathryn.simmons@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow