Victims tied up with cord and clothing - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Victims tied up with cord and clothing

November 15, 2004

Colquitt County - It's been one week since five people were murdered in their home near Moultrie.

As police look for the killer, new information emerges about what went on in the Resendez house last Monday morning.

A home once surrounded by crime scene tape and buzzing with media is now quiet. The only witnesses to the quintuple homicide are the shooters themselves, so investigators need to analyze autopsy results to figure things out. Colquitt County Sheriff Al Whittington says, "We're waiting the results of the autopsies from the crime lab here in Moultrie."

Colquitt County Sheriff Al Whittington now says Jaime Resendez was shot five times. His wife, Tina was shot three times, her hands tied with a child's sweat pants. Both found face down, head to head in a home they've only been in for two months.

The couple was arrested last year and connected to an international drug ring, but it's not for certain their dealings were done. He adds, "We can't come up with a steady source of income, not for the lifestyle they were leading, we don't know for a fact, but perhaps they were still involved."

Those not believed to be connected to the drug dealings died from a single bullet.. Jaime and Tina's three-year-old boy, Juan, Tina's mother, Betty Watts and the housekeeper, Liliana Aguilar who's hands were tied with a phone cord.

Investigators will find out soon how many weapons were fired which, they hope, will lead to how many shooters. Whittington adds, "We believe it's going to be a handgun, simply because we can rule out a shotgun or a rifle, but until we can receive the complete autopsy results, that's unknown."

Right now, the truth about who did it is buried with the victims.

Tina was laid to rest with her three-year-old son and her mother on Friday.

The bodies of Jaime Resendez and the housekeeper, Liliana Aguilar, were sent to Atlanta and will eventually be sent to Mexico.

posted at 6:40PM by kathryn.simmons@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:37 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:37:43 GMT
    The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>
  • Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:26 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:26:50 GMT
    Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>
  • Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Monday, July 24 2017 3:48 PM EDT2017-07-24 19:48:41 GMT
    Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly