A Deadly apartment fire in Cordele - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

A Deadly apartment fire in Cordele

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • EMS Encourages Prom Safety

    EMS Encourages Prom Safety

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:20 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:20:42 GMT
    EMS workers handed out key chains at Thomasville high schools hoping to encourage teens to play it safe this prom weekend. They are hoping that the key chain will remind students to buckle up while enjoyingMore >>
    EMS workers handed out key chains at Thomasville high schools hoping to encourage teens to play it safe this prom weekend.More >>
  • Man arrested for stabbing

    Man arrested for stabbing

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:14 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:14:35 GMT
    Ashburn police are investigating a stabbing Wednesday night. Police were called to the Day and Night convenience store on West Washington Avenue around 9:30. The victim, Willie Poke was found to haveMore >>
    Willie Poke told police Derrick Dorsey tried to rob him of his wallet earlier that night.More >>
  • Kids have a Health Fair in Baconton

    Kids have a Health Fair in Baconton

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:06 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:06:09 GMT
    Over 300 Mitchell County children learned how to fight obesity with gardening  tips and information on healthy eating. The North Mitchell County Elementary School hosted its second kids' health fair inMore >>
    Over 300 Mitchell County children learned how to fight obesity with gardening  tips and information on healthy eating. More >>

November 4, 2004

Cordele -59 year old Annie Brewer was found dead inside her burned apartment yesterday.

Her apartment on East 13th Avenue apparently caught fire while she was cooking. Firefighters say she opened her front door to let out some of the smoke, then returned to try to put out the fire.

Cordele Police Department spokesperson Carrie lull said "I believe she was over taken with smoke and died as a result of smoke inhalation."

Brewer's body was found in the kitchen. No one else was in the apartment.

Posted by jennifer.hulsey@walb.com at 5:10 PM.

Powered by WorldNow