Child starts fire inside foster home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Child starts fire inside foster home

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Team USA track star killed in crash

    Team USA track star killed in crash

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:32 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:32:04 GMT
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
  • PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:45 AM EDT2014-07-28 12:45:34 GMT
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture.More >>
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture.More >>
  • UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    Sunday, July 27 2014 11:38 PM EDT2014-07-28 03:38:04 GMT
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>

August 7, 2004

Bainbridge-- A fire destroys a Bainbridge foster home. Around 8:00 Friday night, the fire broke out at Lea Tomlins' home on the corner of Independence and Water Street.

Firefighters say one of the nine foster children living in the house was playing with a lighter in their room and started the fire.

Tomlins tried to put out the fire herself, but the flames were too much. It took firefighters more than 4 hours to put out the fire.

All the children escaped unharmed. One firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation.

posted at 6:32PM by scott.hunter@walb.com