Apartment fire starts with candle - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Apartment fire starts with candle

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Warrant issued for woman in arson investigation

    Warrant issued for woman in arson investigation

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:52 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:52:50 GMT
    Bainbridge Public Safety has taken out a warrant in connection to a fire that at a home on Martin Luther King Drive and injured a Captain who was fighting the flames.More >>
    Bainbridge Public Safety has taken out a warrant in connection to a fire that at a home on Martin Luther King Drive and injured a Captain who was fighting the flames.More >>
  • Lee Co. ESPN game isn't a sellout

    Lee Co. ESPN game isn't a sellout

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:48 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:48:25 GMT
     Officials say there are still plenty of tickets available for the nationally televised football game set for 9:00AM Saturday at Lee Co. stadium.More >>
     Officials say there are still plenty of tickets available for the nationally televised football game set for 9:00AM Saturday at Lee Co. stadium.More >>
  • Albany students demonstrate peaceful protest

    Albany students demonstrate peaceful protest

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:41 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:41:58 GMT
    Students at Albany High School got some hands-on experience this morning to learn from the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri. "What do we want? Justice!" The students yelled. "What do we need? Peace!"More >>
    Students at Albany High School got some hands-on experience this morning to learn from the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri. "What do we want? Justice!" The students yelled. "What do we need? Peace!"More >>

August 5, 2004

Albany- The woman who lived in the apartment where the fire started suffered burns to her foot.

The fire spread from her apartment in Princeton Place on Westover Boulevard and damaged at least five other apartments. No one else was hurt. Witnesses say the fire started about 9:00 p.m. and they saw flames shooting 25 feet out of the roof.

"It started on the third floor and as far as we know right now, it was started with a candle that burnt down supposedly and had caught a coffee table on fire and went from there," said property manager, Kristy Martin.

The woman who suffered burns was taken to the hospital by a family members.

Witnesses say Albany firefighters seemed to have the fire under control within 10 minutes, at 11:00 p.m. The property managers say they will provide hotel rooms for the burned out families.

posted at 11:20 p.m. by brannon.stewart@walb.com