Man charged in mother's death - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Man charged in mother's death

July 7, 2004

Valdosta - A South Georgia man is charged in the death of his mother.

In March, police found 58-year-old Josephine Tyler dead in her bed at 305 Webster Street. She had swallowed a balloon full of narcotics. Investigators say her son, 29-year-old Milton Wilson, gave her laxatives to help her pass the balloon, but she died from the combination of drugs.

After being arrested in Texas, he's now back in the Lowndes County Jail charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct.

Once she died, he left this area because he felt like we were going to blame him for her death," said Sgt. Steve Owens.

Police believe Wilson was trying to cross into Mexico when he was arrested in Texas.

posted at 4:30 P.M. by ashley.harper@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 4:53 PM EDT2017-09-22 20:53:34 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Friday, September 22 2017 3:54 PM EDT2017-09-22 19:54:23 GMT
    (Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)(Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly