Teen gets stuck in chimney - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Teen gets stuck in chimney

June 7, 2004

Albany- A plastic tarp covers the hole firefighters had to make in the chimney of this East Albany home.

Saturday afternoon, a passerby heard cries of help coming from the chimney. Firemen say a 15 year old boy forgot his keys and tried to get inside the house by sliding down the chimney.

"It could have been tragic, it actually could have, and the heat that we're experiencing right now. He was already dehydrated to some extent, and we actually used a rope to lower water down to him while we were working to keep him hydrated, but other than that he was okay," Captain Pete Giddens.

The teen was lodged in the chimney for about two hours. Albany firefighters say this is the first time they've ever had to rescue someone from a chimney.

Posted at 5:55 PM by elaine.armstrong@walb.com

Powered by Frankly