March 29, 2004
East Albany-- A boy is severely burned while playing in his front yard.
Six-year-old Donovan McCall fell into a barrel where his parents were burning yard debris and trash. He suffered first, second, and third degree burns on his chest and neck.
EMS crews rushed to his Flow Drive mobile home, and took McCall to Phoebe Putney.
He was then transferred to the Augusta Burn Center. He is in good condition.
posted at 3:40PM by firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulfilling student needs was the focus of a community meeting with Dougherty County School officials Tuesday.
Jimmy Carter was among those raising money for the Boys & Girls Club of Americus-Sumter County Tuesday.
An electrical blackout during South Georgia's high temperatures created some concern at the Moultrie-Colquitt County Humane Society Tuesday.
Albany city leaders voted to deny the rezoning of the 2400 block of Whispering Pines Circle to allow the building of a Captain D's restaurant.
Albany city commissioners voted unanimously to roll back the millage rate.