Nashville fire caused by cigarette - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Nashville fire caused by cigarette

March 29, 2004

Nashville - A house fire that killed two South Georgia men has been ruled accidental.

A cigarette apparently caused the fire at a house on College Street in Nashville last Sunday. Seventy-eight year old Junius Rowe and his 50-year-old son, Johnny Rowe, were trapped inside and died. Another son, Tony Rowe, broke a window and escaped.

Investigators believe one of the men fell asleep with a cigarette in his hand.

posted at 3:00 P.M. by ashley.harper@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Dougherty County's Emergency Operation Center now open

    Dougherty County's Emergency Operation Center now open

    Sunday, May 27 2018 5:44 PM EDT2018-05-27 21:44:41 GMT
    Emergency Operation Center open in Dougherty County (Source: WALB)Emergency Operation Center open in Dougherty County (Source: WALB)
    Emergency Operation Center open in Dougherty County (Source: WALB)Emergency Operation Center open in Dougherty County (Source: WALB)

    Dougherty County's Emergency Operation Center or EOC is fully activated as of this morning. With wind speeds picking up, Emergency Management employees are on stand by.  

    More >>

    Dougherty County's Emergency Operation Center or EOC is fully activated as of this morning. With wind speeds picking up, Emergency Management employees are on stand by.  

    More >>
  • South GA mobile home residents prepare for storms

    South GA mobile home residents prepare for storms

    Sunday, May 27 2018 5:36 PM EDT2018-05-27 21:36:51 GMT
    Mobile home residents speak on possible storms. (Source: WALB)Mobile home residents speak on possible storms. (Source: WALB)
    Mobile home residents speak on possible storms. (Source: WALB)Mobile home residents speak on possible storms. (Source: WALB)

    An increase in wind speeds for our area is causing some concerns at mobile home parks as potentially severe weather heads into the area. 

    More >>

    An increase in wind speeds for our area is causing some concerns at mobile home parks as potentially severe weather heads into the area. 

    More >>
  • How to check your home before the rain

    How to check your home before the rain

    Sunday, May 27 2018 5:33 PM EDT2018-05-27 21:33:40 GMT
    Jud Savelle, President of Bishop Clean Care. (Source: WALB)Jud Savelle, President of Bishop Clean Care. (Source: WALB)
    Jud Savelle. (Source: WALB)Jud Savelle. (Source: WALB)

    With the possibility of flooding in the area, one local business said it's important for homeowners to fix any existing issues. They said many people don't find out they have problems with their roof or drainage around their homes, until after a heavy rain season.

    More >>

    With the possibility of flooding in the area, one local business said it's important for homeowners to fix any existing issues. They said many people don't find out they have problems with their roof or drainage around their homes, until after a heavy rain season.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly