Sparks fly in Thomasville -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Sparks fly in Thomasville

March 23, 2004

Thomasville - Mary Friend Shephard was working on her computer when sparks began to fly out of it. She ran to her kitchen and saw her neighbor's house on fire.

She called 911 as the men who cut down the tree poured buckets of water on the fire.

Shephard says, "They were cutting down a huge pine tree and it fell on the wires and somehow it sent sparks through her house and all of my house. We lost all of our electricity. It was horrible."

Fortunately, that was as bad as it got. No one was injured, and there was no major damage.

posted at 5:22 PM by

Powered by Frankly