V.S.U dorm catches fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

V.S.U dorm catches fire

February 27, 2004

Valdosta - A South Georgia dorm catches fire, and police suspect arson.

The fire started around 9:30 Thursday night in the men's bathroom of Valdosta State University's Patterson Hall. Investigators say someone set fire to a roll of toilet paper and tossed it in a stall.

This is the second dorm fire at V.S.U. in two weeks, and police think both cases were the work of an arsonist. "We don't take this lightly at all, we consider it very serious and if we are able to find out who did this, there will be some serious prosecution," said V.S.U. Police Chief Scott Doner.

The fire caused some smoke damage. Residents were evacuated from the dorm, but returned to their rooms about two hours later.

posted at 3:45 by ashley.harper@walb.com

Powered by Frankly