Mobile home fire caused by heater cord - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Mobile home fire caused by heater cord

February 24, 2004

An East Albany man escapes when his mobile home is destroyed by fire. Wendal Nason told firefighters he saw the cord to his space heater in flames, but it was too late.

 His home at 205 Pinson Road was a total loss after fire broke out Monday at noon.

Investigators say the cord to the heater was homemade, and started the blaze. Nason was not injured.

The loss was estimated at 7-thousand dollars.

posted at 1:45 PM by jimw@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Liberty House in need of donations for domestic violence victims

    Liberty House in need of donations for domestic violence victims

    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:10 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:10:50 GMT
    The Albany Women's Club will be at Walmart on Ledo Road Saturday, collecting items for the Liberty House of Albany. (Source: WALB)The Albany Women's Club will be at Walmart on Ledo Road Saturday, collecting items for the Liberty House of Albany. (Source: WALB)
    The Albany Women's Club will be at Wal Mart on Ledo Road Saturday collecting items for the Liberty House of Albany. (Source: WALB)The Albany Women's Club will be at Wal Mart on Ledo Road Saturday collecting items for the Liberty House of Albany. (Source: WALB)

    With a large number of domestic violence victims in Dougherty County, one organization is hosting a 'Day of Service'  Saturday to collect donations.

    More >>

    With a large number of domestic violence victims in Dougherty County, one organization is hosting a 'Day of Service'  Saturday to collect donations.

    More >>
  • Meal delivering programs reducing health risk in GA

    Meal delivering programs reducing health risk in GA

    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:02 PM EDT2018-04-27 01:02:44 GMT
    SOWEGA Council on Aging's Meals on Wheels program is seeing a lower rate of individuals who receive their meals go to the hospital or nursing homes. (Source: WALB)SOWEGA Council on Aging's Meals on Wheels program is seeing a lower rate of individuals who receive their meals go to the hospital or nursing homes. (Source: WALB)
    SOWEGA Council on Aging's 'Meals on Wheels' program is seeing a lower rate of individuals who receive their meals go to the hospital or nursing homes. (Source: WALB)SOWEGA Council on Aging's 'Meals on Wheels' program is seeing a lower rate of individuals who receive their meals go to the hospital or nursing homes. (Source: WALB)

    Low-income seniors and disabled adults who receive home-delivered meals in Southwest Georgia aren't being admitted into emergency rooms or nursing homes as often. That's according to the SOWEGA Council on Aging.

    More >>

    Low-income seniors and disabled adults who receive home-delivered meals in Southwest Georgia aren't being admitted into emergency rooms or nursing homes as often. That's according to the SOWEGA Council on Aging.

    More >>
  • STDs at record high in Southwest Georgia

    STDs at record high in Southwest Georgia

    Thursday, April 26 2018 8:48 PM EDT2018-04-27 00:48:49 GMT
    Epidemiologist Jacqueline Jenkins said the STD outbreak in Southwest Georgia is at an all time high. (Source: WALB)Epidemiologist Jacqueline Jenkins said the STD outbreak in Southwest Georgia is at an all time high. (Source: WALB)
    Jacqueline Jenkins Epidemiologist said the STD outbreak in SWGA is at an all time high. (Source: WALB)Jacqueline Jenkins Epidemiologist said the STD outbreak in SWGA is at an all time high. (Source: WALB)

    Sexually Transmitted Diseases are at an all-time high in Southwest Georgia, raising major concerns for the Southwest Public Health District. 

    More >>

    Sexually Transmitted Diseases are at an all-time high in Southwest Georgia, raising major concerns for the Southwest Public Health District. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly