Valdosta woman dies in house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Valdosta woman dies in house fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • As Warthogs wind down, what's ahead for Moody?

    As Warthogs wind down, what's ahead for Moody?

    Friday, April 18 2014 1:17 PM EDT2014-04-18 17:17:58 GMT
    The United States Air Force's long-serving tank-buster, the A-10 Warthog, has been around for decades. It showed its effectiveness against armored vehicle in the Gulf wars, and it's one of the main armamentsMore >>
    The United States Air Force's long-serving tank-buster, the A-10 Warthog, has been around for decades, but its days are numbered.  The likelihood of America doing battle with foes who have army tanks is dwindling to near zero.More >>
  • Bank robbery suspect denied bond

    Bank robbery suspect denied bond

    Friday, April 18 2014 11:39 AM EDT2014-04-18 15:39:51 GMT
    A suspected bank robber remains in the Coffee County Jail on a probation violation warrant as the FBI and Douglas Police continue to work on charges.   We know investigators confiscated a shotgun whenMore >>
    A suspected bank robber remains in the Coffee County Jail, after he was officially charged with bank robbery, and denied bond in court.
    More >>
  • APD renews public outreach with 'java'

    APD renews public outreach with 'java'

    Friday, April 18 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-04-18 15:34:56 GMT
    Friday morning, APD officers provided an opportunity to get to know your neighborhood law enforcers as folks got their daily cup of 'Joe,' under the Golden Arches. The Albany Police Department joinedMore >>
    Friday morning, APD officers provided an opportunity to get to know your neighborhood law enforcers as folks got their daily cup of 'Joe,' under the Golden Arches.More >>

January 7, 2004

Valdosta - A South Georgia woman is killed in a house fire.

It happened along the2900 block of Tara Drive around 10 Tuesday night. Thirty-eight year old Rhonda Brantley of Valdosta was asleep on her couch when sparks ignited in the living room. Firefighters think the fire may have started from a cigarette.

Phillip Glenn lives next door and tried to rescue Brantley. "I went around and kicked the door in, but because it was so hot and smokey, I couldn't enter the house," said Glenn.

No other people were in the home when it caught fire. Brantley's dog was inside, but wasn't hurt.

posted at 5:00 by ashley.harper@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow