Candle starts house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Candle starts house fire

December 10, 2003

Albany-- A candle left burning is to blame for a house fire this morning.

A twenty-two year old man and his grandparents were asleep in their house when flames engulfed their home around 5:00AM.

The twenty-two year old who says he left the candle burning when he went to sleep, tried to put the fire out with a garden hose. As a result, he suffered second-degree burns on his lower left leg and foot.

The damage is estimated at forty-five thousand dollars. Research shows that home fires from candles have reached a twenty-year peak.


posted at 11:00AM by dave.miller@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow