House burns on Hudson Lane - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

House burns on Hudson Lane

December 3, 2003

Albany -- Fire damaged an East Albany home this morning. Flames burned through the roof of this home at 410 Hudson Lane.

 The owner, Dale Hubbard, was not home when the fire was spotted around 9:30. It started in a laundry room near the carport.

 Battalion Chief James Sanders said "Anytime it's over your head like that, you've got get to it. So we had to go inside and pull some ceiling to stop it from going the rest of the house, through the attic. We were able to contain it just on this end, under his carport and in the utility. So the rest of the house just got some water and smoke damage."

 Firefighters say an overloaded extension cord sparked the fire.

posted at 4:39 PM by jimw@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow