Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:51 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:51:07 GMT
Ravi Mikel Givens was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. He is being held in the Dougherty County jail. Givens, who played ball at Westover and StetsonMore >>
Agents say that police responded to the apartment because of a burglar alarm. Officers found the back door broken open and went inside. That's where they detected a strong odor of marijuana, and saw pot in plain view.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:49 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:49:38 GMT
Moultrie Technical College unveiled its new $9.5 million, 46,000 square-foot Health Sciences Building Wednesday. The brand new structure is located at the school's Veterans Parkway Campus (VPC) in Moultrie. RepresentativesMore >>
Moultrie Technical College unveiled its new $9.5 million, 46,000 square-foot Health Sciences Building Wednesday. The brand new structure is located at the school's Veterans Parkway Campus in Moultrie.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:46 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:46:04 GMT
Albany Humane Society officials say it's one of the worst cases of animal neglect they have seen. Tonight a veterinarian and Humane Society workers are trying to nurse a one-year old lab mix back toMore >>
Albany Humane Society officials and a veterinarian are nursing a dog back to health, after she was nearly starved to death.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:45 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:45:45 GMT
Work is underway on a big empty retail space in Albany to bring in a new business and a spirit of celebration. Party City will open a store at 2709 Dawson Road, near the Albany Mall this August. EconomicMore >>
Work is underway on a big empty retail space in Albany to bring in a new business and a spirit of celebration.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:41 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:41:48 GMT
An Albany prosthetist is coming to the rescue to help a Moultrie man who lost his arm to rare flesh eating bacteria. We introduced you to Michael Hobgood last night. His arm was amputated less than twoMore >>
An Albany prosthetist is coming to the rescue to help a Moultrie man who lost his arm to rare flesh eating bacteria.More >>
December 2, 2003
Colquitt County - Three families trying to stay warm ended up with damaged or destroyed homes, all within seven hours of each other.
Around six Saturday evening, a mobile home on Highway 133 went up in flames and was destroyed. The renter, Javier David Aggiuer, got out safe. The fire was sparked by a faulty heater. The owner's girlfriend, Tina Brown, says, "We got home and that's what we go home to. The gentleman that rents from us said he came home and plugged in an electric heater and that was the result."
Five hours earlier, also in Colquitt County, a fireplace inside a home on Connell Road caught fire. Experts blame the wooden cross ties that were built too deep into the fireplace. Homeowners thank volunteer firefighters for putting out the fire quickly and saving the rest of the house.
Two hours after the mobile home caught fire, a fireplace inside a house on Darbyshire Road caused minimal damage. No one was injured, and the home was saved.
Firefighters warn residents to get fireplaces checked every year. Also keep heaters clear of items, especially curtains and blankets.