Bed catches on fire in Blakely - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Bed catches on fire in Blakely

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Darton College receives new honor

    Darton College receives new honor

    Friday, August 29 2014 11:37 PM EDT2014-08-30 03:37:42 GMT
    Darton State College receives a new honor.It is ranked 6th in the country among mid-sized colleges in the Center for Digital Education's annual Digital Community Colleges Survey.More >>
    Darton State College receives a new honor.It is ranked 6th in the country among mid-sized colleges in the Center for Digital Education's annual Digital Community Colleges Survey.More >>
  • NFL domestic violence punishment a step in the right direction

    NFL domestic violence punishment a step in the right direction

    Friday, August 29 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-08-30 03:34:28 GMT
    Silke Deeley, Liberty House Executive DirectorSilke Deeley, Liberty House Executive Director
    The director of an Albany women's shelter is glad the NFL is sending a strong message against domestic violence .Yesterday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell put tough new punishments in place for players who commit domestic violence. More >>
    The director of an Albany women's shelter is glad the NFL is sending a strong message against domestic violence .Yesterday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell put tough new punishments in place for players who commit domestic violence. More >>
  • Albany fire department recruits 15 firefighters

    Albany fire department recruits 15 firefighters

    Friday, August 29 2014 11:29 PM EDT2014-08-30 03:29:55 GMT
    Richard Lynn, Albany FirefighterRichard Lynn, Albany Firefighter
    More than a dozen men and women begin their careers as Albany firefighters. Within a couple of hours, some of those men and women will work at stations throughout the county to serve and protect our community.More >>
    More than a dozen men and women begin their careers as Albany firefighters. Within a couple of hours, some of those men and women will work at stations throughout the county to serve and protect our community.More >>

November 14, 2003

Blakely-- A bed catches on fire in Blakely, luckily the occupants of the house got out safely.

The fire happened just after 5:00 a.m., on East South Boulevard. An electric heater in the bedroom was mounted on the wall and a mattress was pushed up against it. When the temperatures dipped into the 30's overnight, the heater turned on, and caught the bed on fire. Firefighters remind us that combustible materials must be three feet away from a heat source.

Posted at 4:01 p.m. by melissa.kill@walb.com