Fire in Albany Mall restaurant - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire in Albany Mall restaurant

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • GEMA offers 10 tips during extreme heat

    GEMA offers 10 tips during extreme heat

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:50 AM EDT2014-08-21 15:50:56 GMT
    A heat wave will make it feel like the temperature is over 100º in the next couple of days in South Georgia. The CDC says extreme heat is the top weather-related killer in the nation, claiming approximately 400 lives per year. More >>
    A heat wave will make it feel like the temperature is over 100º in the next couple of days in South Georgia. The CDC says extreme heat is the top weather-related killer in the nation, claiming approximately 400 lives per year. More >>
  • Educator, politician Earleen Sizemore passes

    Educator, politician Earleen Sizemore passes

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:50 AM EDT2014-08-21 15:50:55 GMT
    A woman who served as a superintendent of Worth County schools, and as a state representative in the Georgia legislator died Wednesday in Sylvester. Earleen Wilkerson Sizemore was 76, and died after a lengthy illness at Pruitt Health Sylvester.More >>
    A woman who served as a superintendent of Worth County schools, and as a state representative in the Georgia legislator died Wednesday in Sylvester. Earleen Wilkerson Sizemore was 76, and died after a lengthy illness at Pruitt Health Sylvester.More >>
  • Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:45 AM EDT2014-08-21 15:45:09 GMT
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.More >>
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.
    More >>

October 17, 2003

Albany -- Fire breaks out in the kitchen of an Albany mall restaurant.

About 9:25 Friday morning, a cooking surface at the Chick-Fil-A in the mall caught on fire The fire was quickly extinguished by employees, but smoke spread into the Mall. No one was hurt, and the Mall was never evacuated.

The Fire Department sent four trucks to the Mall. Firefighters checked to make sure their were no hidden fires in the roof, and helped clear the smoke.

 After cleaning, Health inspectors checked the restaurant, and it re-opened Friday afternoon.

posted at 4:40 PM by jimw@walb.com