Cordele man dies in house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Cordele man dies in house fire

September 9, 2003

Cordele-- A Cordele man, found dead inside his burning home last week, died from smoke inhalation and heat.

On Wednesday, firefighters were dispatched to 55-year-old Samuel Simpson's burning home at five in the morning. Simpson, who family and friends called Larry, was found inside the bathroom.

Family members speculated that Simpson might have had a heart attack and fell in the bathroom, which would account for the bump on his head. But according to the autopsy report, Simpson died from smoke and heat caused by the fire. Investigators think the fire was started by a burning pot on the kitchen stove.

Posted at 2:30 p.m. by melissa.kill@walb.com